UL Environment brings third party credibility to manufacturers by validating environmental claims and certifying products to various standards.
Environmental Claims Validation (ECV)
Providing validation of a manufacturers’ product claims.
- Recycled Content
- Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) Content
- Landfill Waste Diversion
- Regional Materials
- Rapidly Renewable
- PVC Free
- Bio-Based Content
- Innovative Claims –Manufacturer specific.
- Build trust with customers
- Third-Party validation
Sustainable Product Certification (SPC) – EcoLogo
Multi-attribute certification that evaluates a product’s performance throughout its life cycle, covered attributes:
- Energy reduction
- Waste diversion
- Salvaged material usage
- Site preservation
- Transportation reduction
- Natural resource conservation
- Certification and standards compliance
Provides consumer confidence in:
- The quality of the product
- The manufacturers integrity and commitment to Sustainability.
Sustainability Quotient (SQ)
Comprehensive, enterprise level program that assess and certifies the sustainability efforts of an organization or supply chain.
- Work force
- Customers and Suppliers
- Community Engagement
- Reputation management
- Enhanced risk mitigation
- Increased profitability
- Streamlined operations
- Enhanced customer loyalty.
Indoor Air Quality Certification (IAQ)- GREENGUARD
Certifying products for low chemical emissions to improve indoor air quality.
- Total Volatile Organic Compound (TVOC)
- +350 Individual Volatile
- Organic Compounds
- CA Chronic Reference Exposure Levels (CRELs)
- Product differentiation
- Recognition and acceptance in green building standards
- Demonstrates a manufacturer’s commitment to the health and well-being of the people who use their products
Environmental Product Declaration (EPD)
Comprehensive, internationally-harmonized report that documents the ways in which a product, throughout its lifecycle, affects the environment.
- Global warming
- Ozone depletion
- Greenhouse gas emissions
- Ozone creation
- Water Pollution
- Build and maintain credibility with customers
- Demonstrates leadership and differentiation in the marketplace
- Helps products meet environmental reporting criteria as specified in procurement policies